Graduate Student Research Conference in Business and Economics (GRADCONF 2017), which will be held during May 25-26, 2017 at the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee campus in Sarasota, Florida. Sarasota, Florida is home to amazing beaches including #1 beach in America (Siesta Key), museums (The Ringling Museum), art galleries, state parks, lakes, and other attractions such as the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, the G-Wiz Museum, and the Sarasota Jungle Gardens. USF Sarasota-Manatee is easily accessible by two airports (Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport-SRQ and Tampa International Airport- TPA).
University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee (8350 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL, 34212, USA)
USFSM has the variety of hotels near campus. Most of them provide complimentary shuttle service.
- Hilton Garden Inn ($129/night and up) (Walking distance from conference venue)
- Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport ($104.00/night and up) (less than 1 mile from conference venue and the hotel offers free shuttle)
- Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton ($114.00/night and up (less than 1 mile from conference venue and the hotel offers free shuttle)
- Holiday Inn Sarasota-Airport ($99/ night and up) (Group Code: USF) (less than 2 miles from conference venue and the hotel offers free shuttle)
- Ramada Sarasota ($69 for city view and up- Please call the hotel and ask for USF Conference rates- (941) 358-1000) (less than 3 miles from conference venue and the hotel does NOT offer shuttle)
- Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Bradenton-Airport ($144 and up) (less than 1 mile from conference venue)
- Hyatt Place Sarasota/Bradenton Airport ($154 and up) (less than 1 mile from conference venue and the hotel offers free shuttle)
- Aloft Hotel Sarasota ($139 and up) (Group Code: Global Conference of Education and Research)
Weather in May:
Sarasota, Florida USA: 27°C/81F
Sea Temperature: 27°C/81F
Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ)
SRQ is literally across the street from USF Sarasota-Manatee campus. Most area hotels around the airport (and USFSM) provides complimentary shuttle to/from airport and 5 mile radius. SRQ has flights to/from Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, New York, Toronto and other destinations.
Tampa/St Pete International Airport (TPA)
TPA is about 60 minutes drive distance from USFSM. You can take a shuttle or Uber/Lyft from TPA to USFSM for about $50-60. You can easily rent a car from TPA.
USF Sarasota-Manatee is easily accessible from I-75 (Exit 213)